ROAST BEEF WITH LEMON SAUCE
INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
200 g boneless beef round roast (slice), 8 lemon slices, 1/2 bunch straw mushrooms ("enoki-dake"), 1/4 carrot, 4 okra pods, 100 g boiled bamboo shoots, cooking oil
HOW TO COOK:
(A): 2 tablespoons soy sauce ("shoyu"), 2 tablespoons "sake" (Japanese rice wine), 2 teaspoons ginger juice
(B): 1 cup fish, kelp-flavored stock ("nidashijiru"), 1 tablespoon sweetened cooking "sake" ("mirin"), 1 tablespoon "sake," 1 tablespoon light color soy sauce ("usukuchi-shoyu")
(C): 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix ingredients for (A), add beef and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pare and cut carrots into 5 mm slices. Cut out with cookie cutters as desired. Boil quickly in a potful of water.
- Cut off and discard straw mushroom roots. Rinse mushrooms well and break into several bunches.
- Cut bamboo shoots into 5 mm slices. Mix ingredients for (B), add bamboo shoots and let sit.
- Sprinkle salt over okra and roll on cutting board to smoothen surface. Boil okra quickly. Cut lengthwise into halves if large. (6) Preheat oven to about 500F (250C). Lightly grease aluminum foil with cooking oil. Place (1)-(5) on foil and put 4 lemon slices on top. Wrap tightly and roast for 8 minutes (when roasting in high-speed gas oven).
- Mix ingredient for (C) and add another 4 lemon slices.
- When (6) is done, place on serving plate with (7).
calories: 131 kcal, protein: 14.2 g, fat: 2.9 g, carbohydrate: 10.2 g, fiber: 0.7 g, calcium: 35 mg, iron: 2.1 mg, sodium: 1,651 mg, potassium: 542 mg, vitamin A: 532 IU, vitamin B1: 0.14 mg, vitamin B2: 0.24 mg, vitamin C: 19 mg, salt: 4.2 g