CHICKEN AND EGG LOAF JAPANESE STYLE
INGREDIENTS (for 12 x 7 x 4.5 cm mold):
100 g minced chicken, 4 eggs, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/3 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon starch, salad oil
HOW TO COOK:
(A): 1 teaspoon "sake" (Japanese rice wine), 1.5 teaspoons light color soy sauce ("usukuchi-shoyu"), 2.5 teaspoons sweetened cooking "sake" ("mirin"), 1 tablespoon starch
- Mix minced chicken and (A); cook and stir well over low heat until all liquid is absorbed and evaporated.
- Grind (1) in food processor or blender while hot; add starch.
- Boil eggs and separate yolk and white. Mash each well.
- Add half of sugar, salt and starch to yolk and half to white; and mix well.
- Place layer of egg whites of (4) in oil-greased mold and cover with (2); add yolks of (4). Press gently on top layer to shape. Steam in steamer for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Cut into serving pieces.
calories: 197 kcal, protein: 11.9 g, fat: 10.8 g, carbohydrate: 10.5 g, fiber: 0 g, calcium: 37 mg, iron: 1.5 mg, sodium: 403 mg, potassium: 150 mg, vitamin A: 417 IU, vitamin B1: 0.07 mg, vitamin B2: 0.34 mg, vitamin C: 0 mg, salt: 1 g