ROAST CHICKEN SALAD WITH SESAME DRESSING
INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
400 g boneless chicken thigh, salt, 1 tablespoon "sake" (Japanese rice wine), salad oil (for greasing pan), 1/2 cucumber, 40 g carrot, 1/2 leek, 30 g fresh green seaweed ("wakame" seaweed), 8 cherry tomatoes
HOW TO COOK:
Sesame dressing:40 ml vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, 40 ml soy sauce ("shoyu"), 2 tablespoons fish, kelp-flavored stock ("nidashijiru"), 1 tablespoon salad oil, 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Prick chicken skin with fork and sprinkle with salt and "sake." Place chicken in greased roasting pan and cook in preheated high-speed gas oven. High-speed gas oven temperature: about 460F (230C) Roasting time: About 12 minutes
- Cut cucumber into strips, run water over them and drain in colander. Do the same with carrot and leek.
- Soak seaweed until soft, and blanch in boiling water for a few seconds. Drain in colander and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into half.
- Toast sesame seeds and chop roughly. Mix all dressing ingredients until well blended.
- When chicken is done, thinly slice diagonally into bite-size pieces. Pour half of dressing over slices.
- Arrange (2), (3), (4) and (6) attractively and pour remaining dressing over salad.
calories: 256 kcal, protein: 21.8 g, fat: 15.2 g, carbohydrate: 6.2 g, fiber: 0.5 g, calcium: 70 mg, iron: 3.1 mg, sodium: 1,865 mg, potassium: 443 mg, vitamin A: 655 IU, vitamin B1: 0.14 mg, vitamin B2: 0.34 mg, vitamin C: 11 mg, salt: 4.7 g