HOW TO COOK
- 8 shrimp
- 100 grams scallops
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 16 large "aojiso" leaves (beefsteak plant leaves)
- 50 grams flour
- 180 ml cold water
- 4 radishes
- "amazu" (sweet and sour sauce - 4 tablespoons vinegar, 4 tablespoons sugar)
- 1/2 lemon
- oil for deep frying
- Peel and devein shrimp. Chop shrimp and scallops coarsely, and mix together.
- Season (1) with salt and pepper; place a portion of mixture on each aojiso
leaf and fold over twice.
- Add flour to cold water to make batter; dip (2) into batter, coating
completely. Fry thoroughly in medium hot oil.
- Cut the radishes decoratively and dress with amazu; cut the lemon into
- Arrange (3) on platter and serve with (4).
I Cooking Index I Japanese Text I