STIR FRY VEGETABLES AND JAPANESE PICKLES
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
HOW TO COOK
- 2 eggplants
- 16 "shishi togarashi" (green chili peppers)
- 1 cucumber
- 40 grams carrot
- 120 grams pork (thinly sliced)
- 80 grams of pickled cucumber and eggplant ("dobozuke")
- 1 teaspoon minced gingeroot
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion (green part only)
- a [2 tablespoons sake, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon oyster oil]
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cut the eggplant into large bite-size pieces, cut each of the "shishi togarashi" in half, and remove seeds. Chop the carrots and cucumber finely, and
cut the pork into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Chop the "dobozuke" coarsely and cover in water, add a little salt to take out the liquid and set aside.
- Grease a skillet lightly with sesame oil, add (2), the minced gingeroot and
green onion and stir fry. Add the vegetables from (1) and cook a little. Add the pork and stir fry, season with (a) and cook again quickly.
* Add a little potato starch to the liquid from (3) for a tasty sauce.
I Cooking Index I Japanese Text I