INGREDIENTS (makes one 12 x 15 cm block)
HOW TO COOK
- 1 block momen tofu (coarse tofu)
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 50 grams carrot
- 50 grams pea pods
- 2 eggs
- a [1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/3 teaspoon salt]
- salad oil
- 2 stalks mioga ginger
- "amazu" (3 tablespoons vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar)
- Squeeze water gently from tofu, put in a cloth, and press out water.
- Soak the shiitake until soft; cut into julienne strips along with carrot and
- Stir fry (2) in salad oil, add (1) and season with (a).
- Add beaten eggs to (3) and mix briefly. Coat a "nagashibako" or rectangular pan with oil lightly and fill with mixture.
- Put (4) in a baking pan, and fill 4/5 with hot water. Cook in gas oven at 180
degrees for about 18 minutes
- Parboil the mioga ginger, and dress with amazu while still hot.
- When (5) is done, cut into equal portions and serve with (6) on platter.
I Cooking Index I Japanese Text I