"YUBA" SHU MEI
INGREDIENTS (makes 16)
HOW TO COOK
- 2-3 sheets fresh yuba (beancurd sheets)
- 200 grams ground pork
- 80 grams onion
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 30 grams cooked bamboo shoot
- 1 stalk scallion (green part only)
- a [1/2 egg, 1 tablespoon sake, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice,
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, pinch salt, pinch pepper]
- 8 leaves mitsuba (trefoil)
- 8 green peas
- salad oil
- Cut the yuba into eight 8 cm squares, and eight 12 cm squares
- Mince the onion and brown. Let cool. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms until soft, and chop finely together with bamboo shoot and scallion.
- Parboil the mitsuba stems and green peas
- Knead the minced pork lightly; add (a) and (2), knead again, and separate
into 16 equal portions.
- Fill each of the 8 cm squares of yuba with a spoonful of (4) and wrap; put
one green pea in the center top of each. Fill the 12 cm yuba squares with the
remaining filling from (4), wrap and tie the opening with the mitsuba stems from
- Coat a double boiler or bamboo steamer very lightly with salad oil and place
the wrapped (5). Steam over heavy heat for about 10 minutes.(If not using a
bamboo steamer, put a cloth under the cover to keep in the steam).
- Serve with spicy soy sauce or condiments of your choice.
I Cooking Index I Japanese Text I