INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
1 burdock root ("gobo"), vinegar, 100 g bacon (slice), salad oil, 3/4 bunch young spinach ("horenso") leaves, 2 lettuce leaves, 1 celery stalk, 4 radishes
HOW TO COOK:
Mayonnaise dressing:1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 50 ml salad oil, salt, pepper
- Wash burdock and scrape off thin brown skin with back of knife. Cut into 3 cm matchstick-size pieces, placing them to soak in water-vinegar solution as you cut, to prevent discoloration. Boil for a few minutes in water containing vinegar and drain in colander.
- Cut bacon into 2 cm pieces. Heat salad oil in frying pan, add bacon and fry until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wash spinach and tear some into bite-size pieces (remaining whole leaves will be arranged on serving plate).
- Tear lettuce into same size as spinach.
- Cut celery into 3 cm matchstick-size pieces, about the same size as burdock.
- Cut radishes in a decorative way (for example, like a flower).
- Mix ingredients for mayonnaise dressing in bowl, add (1) to (5) and toss together.
- Arrange whole spinach leaves on serving plate, place (7) atop them and decorate with (6).
calories: 268 kcal, protein: 6.6 g, fat: 22.2 g, carbohydrate: 8.8 g, fiber: 1 g, calcium: 58 mg, iron: 2.3 mg, sodium: 235 mg, potassium: 574 mg, vitamin A: 768 IU, vitamin B1: 0.21 mg, vitamin B2: 0.18 mg, vitamin C: 39 mg, salt: 0.8 g