BEAN CURD ("TOFU") WITH APPLE AND SPINACH
INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
1 apple, 1/2 bunch spinach, 1 hollow, tube-shaped fish cake ("chikuwa") Bean curd paste:
1/2 bean curd ("momen-tofu"), 1 1/2 tablespoon white sesame seeds, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon light color soy sauce ("usukuchi-shoyu"), salt
HOW TO COOK:
- Wash apple, cut into 6 wedges. Remove core and slice.
- Put spinach into boiling water containing salt and boil for one minute. Quickly remove and soak in water. Cut into 5 cm pieces and squeeze out water.
- Cut fish cake lengthwise into halves and slice into thin half-rounds.
- Prepare bean curd paste.(1) Drain bean curd. (Bean curd can be drained by wrapping with cloth, placing on plate, wrapping in plastic wrap and heating in microwave at high level for a few minutes.)(2) Grind white sesame seeds in Japanese grinding bowl until powdery. Add bean curd, sugar, soy sauce and salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Mix (1) to (3) with (4) and place on serving plate.
calories: 118 kcal, protein: 6.9 g, fat: 4 g, carbohydrate: 14.4 g, fiber: 0.6 g, calcium: 98 mg, iron: 2.3 mg, sodium: 500 mg, potassium: 321 mg, vitamin A: 425 IU, vitamin B1: 0.09 mg, vitamin B2: 0.1 mg, vitamin C: 18 mg, salt: 1 g