Ingredients: (4 servings)
200 g thinly sliced beef, 300 g potatos, 100 g carrot, 1 onion, 100 g
itokonyaku (noodle style konyaku), 3 cups dashi (niban-dashi),
1 Tablespoon sugar, 3 Tablespoons mirin, 1 Tablespoon sake,
5 Tablespoons soysauce, 30 g frozen or canned peas, oil.
- Peel potatos and cut in half and then into 6-8 pieces. Soak in water.
- Cut carrots into pieces smaller than the potatos.
- Cut itokonyaku into a easy to eat size.
- Cut peeled onions in half. Slice halves.
- Cut beef into 3 cm pieces.
How to make:
- Heat oil in pan. Lightly brown meat.
- Do not cook meat completely. Add onions, carrots, konyaku, potatoes.
Continue to fry.
- After frying for awhile, add dashi. Skim the scum (aku)
that may foam to the top.
- Reduce heat. Simmer and add sugar, sake and mirin.
- Place otoshibuta in pan. After 5 minutes, add soy sauce. Cook
slowly until vegatables are cooked.
- After the flavor has steeped in, add peas.