Oyako donburi (Chicken and egg on rice)
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
4 cups cooked rice, 160 g chicken wings, 2 medium sized onions, 10 stalks
of mitsuba (trefoil), 6 eggs, tsuyu (1 cup dashi ,
2 Tablespoons of sugar, 4 Tablespoons of mirin , 6 Tablespoons of
- Leave skin on chicken wings, carve into bite size pieces.
- Peel onions, cut in half and into thin slices.
- Cut roots off mitsuba, Cut into 3-cm length pieces.
- Break eggs into a bowl with the tips of chopsticks, draw the letters
Z on the bottom so that eggs don't foam.
- Make tsuyu mix.
How to make:
- Divide topping into four servings, make one by one.
- In a shallow pan (tamago-toji nabe) put the soup for one person,
- Spread the onions over the soup. On top of that, put the chicken meat.
Cover the pan and simmer. When the chicken is cooked, pour the eggs slowly
and evenly over a pair of chopsticks. With chopsticks, gently break up
eggs further in order to absorb. Shake the pan so that it will not burn.
- Put rice into bowls.
- When the mixture is 80% cooked spread mitsuba on top. Turn off
the fire soon, so that mixture is not overcooked.
- Put mixture on top of rice, gently.
When making 4 portions at once, use a large shallow flat botttomed pan.
|In a shallow pan put the soup for one person, heat up.
||Pour the eggs slowly and evenly over a pair of chopsticks
||Put mixture on top of rice, gently.|
How to make
How to cook