Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
1.5 liters tonkotsu soup (1 kg pork bone, 2 liters water, 5-6
cloves of garlic, 1 onion), 4 packs chinese noodles, yakibuta (600
g pork rib, 1 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup mirin, worstershire sauce, ginger),
200 g bean sprouts, 1 green onion.
- Cut tonkotsu into large pieces.
- In a deep large pot, bring water to a boil. Add tonkotsu. To
prevent meat from overpowering the flavor, make sure water is boiling before
putting in meat.
- Add whole: peeled onion and garlic cloves.
- Remove Aku (foam) regularly, boil for 3 hours.
- Filter through kitchen croth (or paper towel) placed on strainer.
- Cut pork rib or any meat with fat into 4-5 cm pieces.
- Put tonkotsu soup back into the pot and bring to a boil. Add
meat and boil for 1 hour. Remove foam on top often.
- When meat is tender, turn off heat and remove meat.
- In a different pot, add together soy sauce, mirin, ginger slices
and a few drops of worstershire sauce.
Add meat to this.
- Turn meat over. Boil for 20 minutes. Allow flavor to seep in.
- Cut meat into 7-8 mm thickness. Save remainer liquid for soup stock.
- Wash bean sprouts and boil for1 minute. Do not over-cook. Drain.
- Slice green onions thinly.
How to make:
- Loosen Ramen noodles before adding to a large pot of boiling water.
Cook 1-2 minutes to desired firmness.
- In Chinese noodle bowls, put in 1-2 Tablespoons of soup stock.
- Drain noodles. Place in bowls immediately.
- Fill bowls 70-80% full with tonkotsu soup.
- Garnish bean sprouts in the shape of a hill. Add green onions, then
pieces of yakibuta
- Add pepper to taste.
Hint: While cooking the meat make sure to add soup stock. Don't let all
the soup boil away.
Soup stock (chicken)