Ingredients (for 4 servings)
2 blocks tofu (cotton-type), Seasonings; Asatsuki (Thin
green onion), shiso (perilla), ginger, myoga, Sauce; soy sauce,
yuzu (citron) or Lemon juice.
- Place tofu into a large bowl full of water. Make sure not to
break the tofu. Change water 2-3 times.
- Refill bowl with water and let tofu set in the refrigerator.
It needs about 2 hours to be completely chilled.
- Remove outer skin of asatsuki, slice very thinly.
- Stack shiso leaves tips together, roll them together from the
stem to top. Slice this roll very thinly.
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Remove 1 or 2 of the outer skins of myoga, cut mijingiri
- Add yuzu citron to soy sauce. Ponzu (ready made citron
mix) preserves well and convenient.
How to make:
- Remove tofu from refrigerator, cut both blocks of tofu
- Place it on the dishes,scoop out a spoonful sized hole in the center
on the each top.
- Garnish by filling holes with the asortment of seasonings.
- Add sauce just before eating.
Other variations include wasabi, kinome etc. for seasonings.
|Wash tofu in a large bowl full of water.
||Cut both blocks of tofu in half.
||Scoop out a spoonful sized hole in the center on the top.
||Garnish by filling holes with the asortment of seasonings|