(ichiban dashi, nibann dashi)
Ingredients: (for4 servings)
4 packs of udon noodles, 6 cups of ichiban-dashi, 1 teaspoon
sugar, 1 Tablespoon mirin, 1/2 cup usukuchi (lightly flavored
) soy sauce, Kitsune (cooked abrage; 4 pieces of aburage,
niban-dashi, 3 Tablespoons sugar, 4 Tablespoons usukuchi soy
sauce), 1 green onion.
Noodle's soup (men tsuyu)
- Heat up ichban-dashi. Add sugar, mirin, soysauce.
- Turn off gas before it comes to a boil.
- Cut in half
- To remove oil, place aburage in scalding water.
- In a different pot add sugar to niban-dashi. Add aburage.
- After flavor seeps in, add soysauce and heat up for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off gas. Allow flavor to seep in further.
- Thinly slice green onion. Soak in water, then dry.
How to Make:
- Boil udon and drain.
With partially cooked udon boil in hot water to heat up.
With dry udon add noodles slowly to boiling water. Bring to boil
again and add 1 cup water. Boil 10-15 minutes. Add 1/2 water, bring to
a boil again. Drain noodles.
- Save leftover noodle water to warm serving bowls.
- Put noddles in empty warmed bowls. Add aburage then heated up
- Garnish with sliced green onion.
note: Kitsune means fox. People believed foxes have supernational
power and like aburage.