Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
300 g chicken thigh, 4 long green onions. Tare sauce (1 teaspoon
ginger (shoga) juice, 50 cc mirin, 50cc soy sauce, 50cc sake).
- Mix soy sauce, sake, ginger juice.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, marinate in sauce.
- Cut green onions into 2-3cm pieces.
How to cook:
- Remove chiken from sauce allow excess sauce to drain.
Alternately skew pieces of chicken then onion.
- Boil remaining sauce. If desired, add a dash of sugar and crushed red
- Pre-heat grill. Grill on a low even fire. Make sure it does not burn
and the inside of the meat is well done before serving.
- Brush on tare sauce frequently while grilling. Rotate skewers
to insure even cooking.
- Yakitori means broiling over heat. Try other items such as tsukune
(ground meat balls), heart, or liver.
Charcoal is used at restaraunts but gas is fine too.
How to cut