Zoni (Kansai "sumashi" style)
Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
4 pieces of cut mochi, 100 g chicken leg meat, 1/4 bunch komatsuna,
3-4 cm carrots, 3 cups of dashi (ichiban dashi), 1/2 teaspoon
salt, 1 teaspoon usukuchi (light flavored) soy sauce, yuzu
How to make:
- Mix and heat up dashi, salt and soy sauce.
- Wash komatsuna, boil stems down, cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Divide meat into 4 pieces.
- Lightly peel carrots. In intervals cut 5 triangular pieces out of the
carrot lengthwise. Slice into 7-8 mm flower-shaped pieces.
- Grill mochi on broiler net until toasted and inside is puffy.
- Gently pour dashi over mochi, meat, and komatsuna
and carrots. Garnish with yuzu peel.
note: Other variations include using shellfish, shrimp, kamaboko
|Boil komatsuna stems down, cut into 3 cm pieces.
||Slice carrot into 7-8 mm flower-shaped pieces.
||Grill mochi on broiler net until toasted and inside
||Gently pour dashi over mochi, meat, and komatsuna
How to keep
rice cake fresh
How to make
How to cut
Three Mochi Recipies