Hints for Agemono (fry)
Crispiness is the desired
texture for fried food.To fry ingredients sucessfully...
- Use plenty of oil.
- Start frying from vegetable then meat then fish in order of least water
- Keep oil temperature stable by not frying too many items at the same
- Tempreture should stay 160-180c. Check readiness of oil tempurature
by dropping a bit of batter, if it floats to the top immediately the oil
is ready .
- Skim off any loose batter often.
- Use a thick skillet or pan for frying.
- Place on frying net to drain excess oil.
- Combine batter for Tempura but don't mix completely.