How to cook rice:
Wash rice 30 minutes prior to
- Add rice to a large bowl full of water. Rice bran will be easy to remove
by doing this.
- Mix 2 or 3 times, discarding whitish water quickly to avoid bran odor.
- Wash rice in clockwise circular motion. Press down on rice once then
- Repeat 3 or 4 times
- Strain rice, let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Put rice in rice cooker. Add approximately 1.2 cups of water per cup
of rice depending of desired firmness of rice.
1 cup rice is 180 cc, 216 cc water is 1.2 cups.
- If a rice cooker is unavailable, use a heavy pot with a top. First,
bring water and rice to a boil on a strong fire. Reduce to a medium flame,
continue to cook for 5-10 minutes. Simmer on a low fire for 15 minutes.
Breifly turn heat high to allow excess water to evaporate. Turn off fire.
Do not open the top. Let rice stand for 10 minutes. If a heavy pan is not
available, place a cup on top of the lid while cooking.
|Add rice to a large bowl full of water.
||Mix 2or 3 times, discarding whitish water quickly to avoid
||Press down on rice once then iscard water.
||Put rice in rice cooker.|