"Sushimeshi" is made of freshly cooked rice and vinegar
mixed. There are two important points. One is cooking rice correctly, this
is the foundation of sushi. The other is to change the mixing ratio
subtly in the vinegar mix depending on toppings and fillings.
Cook rice correct firmness so that it shines.
- Wash rice one hour prior to cooking add correct amount of water and
pieces of dried kelp in rice cooker.
- Remove kelp right before cooking, add sake or mirin,
correct water level.
- Let set with cover on for ten minutes before placing rice into sushi
mixing bowl (hangiri).
- Sprinkle vingar mix evenly over rice, with wooden spoon cut into rice
thouroghly to mix. Let rice set for five minutes covered with a damp cheese
- Fan to cool it down.
- The wooden sushi-mixing bowl (hangiri) and wooden spoon
(kijakushi) should be damp but not too wet.