Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
200 grams chicken thigh meat (a bit of each sake and soy sauce),
10 grams each gobo (burdock root), renkon (lotus root), carrot.
150 grams boiled bambooshoots, 1/2 block Konnyaku.
Dashi soup (2 1/2 cup ichibann (#1) dashi, 2 tablespoons
sake, 3 tablespoons each sugar and soy sauce, 4 tablespoons mirin),
50 grams French beans, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, oil.
How to make:
- Cut meat into bite sizes, add sake and soy sauce for flavor.
- Cut gobo, renkon and bambooshoot into rangiri
- Shred konnyaku into bite sizes by scooping spoon or by hand,
put it in boiled water briefly to remove odor. Ingredients like konnyaku
do not absorb flavor easily. Enlarging its surface by shredding helps it
to absorb taste more.
- Heat pan with oil in it, fry meat and remove.
- Put vegetable and konnyaku in same pan, fry them. Add meat and
dashi soup, and boil.
- Skim the scum, reduce flame, add sake and mirin, continue
to boil until soup become 1/3 of its quantity.
- Add boiled and cut french beans with soy sauce, boil it briefly .