Ingriedents: (for 4 servings)
1kg sushimeshi (540cc rice, 10cm square konbu, 1 tablespoon
sake or mirin). Awasezu (80 ml vinegar, 3 tablespoons
sugar, 2 teaspoons salt). 1 baked sea-eel, 6 shrimps, 2 eggs, 4 shiso
leaves, 1 cucumber, 40g chirimenjako, 2 tablespoons white sesame
seed (Chopped), nori (sliced).
- Prepare rice for cooking (washed and right quantity of water added),
put clean konbu in it, set for a half an hour. Remove konbu,
add sake, start to cook. See, how to make rice.
- Mix all the ingriedents for awasezu.
- Dampen hangiri, wipe excess water off.
- Place freshly cooked rice into hangiri, mix awasezu entirely
by using kijakushi to cut in while cooling with fan.
- Convinient to use instant awasezu powder.
How to make:
- Broil yakianago (baked sea-eel) lightly, cut it into 1cm width.
- Remove black vein from shrimp, boil, remove shell and cut into half.
- Making kinshitamago. Beat eggs with a pinch of salt, fry thinly,
cut into sengiri (thin shreds).
- Cut shiso leaves into sengiri, soak in water, drain excess
- Cut cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then into sengiri. Shake
salt over and squeeze out water.
- Mix sushimeshi added with half portion of yakianago,
cucumber, white sesame and chirimenjako. Place it on the serving
- Decorate dishes with rest of yakianago and shrimps over top,
scatter egg, shiso leaves and nori evenly over surface.