Ingriedents: (for 2 rolls)
400 grams sushimeshi, 10 grams kanpyou (2/3 #2 dashi,
4 teaspoons each sugar and light flavored soy sauce), 4 pieces dried shiitake
(1/2 cup of water used for soaking,4 teaspoons sugar,1 tablespoon soy sauce),
20 grams mitsuba (trefoil), 1/2 yakianago, 2 atsuyaki-tamago
(thick fried egg)1cm x 1cm x 15 cm, 2 sheets asakusanori.
How to make:
- Soak kanpyou in water,boil together with dashi, sugar
and light flavored soy sauce.
- Soak shiitake in water, boil together with the water used for
soaking, sugar and soy sauce,cut into hosogiri.
- Cut yakianago into thin strips.
- Remove root from mitsuba,boil briefly.
- Dry asakusanori over flame briefly, put 2 sheets togerther
surface to surface. (Shinning side is surface. Expose back side only over
- Place nori on makisu, put a half of sushimeshi
in the center. Spread sushimeshi over 3/4 evenly, leave 1/4 space
- Place drained kanpyou, shiitake, anago, atsuyaki-tamago
and mitsuba lengthwise in the middle of sushimeshi.
- Pick up end of makisu to cover fillings with sushimeshi,
roll and form it round gently. Turn the end of the roll down. Do another
- Cut a roll into 8 pieces right before eating.