Ingriedents: (for 4 servings)
4 eggs, 2/3 cup ichiban (#1) dashi, 1 1/2
tablespoons each mirin and light flavored soy sauce, 4 grams katsuobushi,
buds of shiso.
How to make:
- Bring eggs out from refriegerator and set about 20 minutes in the room
- Prepare hot water in pot kept at a temperature 65-68c. Put eggs into
it, set for 40 minutes, with temperature kept steady. If temperature is
too high, they become boiled eggs.
- Remove eggs from pot, put them into cold water to cool.
- Prepare soup. Mix dashi, mirin and soy sauce, bring to
a boil, add katsuobushi flakes, bring to a boil again then stop
- If katsuobushi flakes sink then strain them and cool.
- Remove shell from egg by cracking, place it on dish, pour soup over.
- Sprinkle buds of shiso over top.