Ingredients: (for 4 sevings)
1kg chicken bones for 1.5 liter chicken soup,1 white onion (leek), 30
grams ginger, 2 liters water, 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons sake,
1/3 teaspoon salt, a little pepper and sesame oil, 4 balls of chinese noodles,
8 pieces yakibuta (chinese pork ham), 4 pieces naruto, 1/2
bunch spinach, 1/2 sheet nori, 1/2 green onion, a little shinachiku
(chinese flavored bamboo shoots)
- Clean chicken bone, remove fat and sinew, wash well. Then cut it into
- Boil water in pot, put bones in it. Boil bones until the color of the
bone changes. Place bones on strainer to drain water.
- Prepare a large deep pot with water (1.5 liter), leek, ginger and bones
together. Start to boil on a high flame.
- When it comes to a boil, skim the scum.
- Continue heating for 1 hour with mid-low flame, while skimming the
- Filter it on the bowl by strainer with thin cloth or kitchen towel
- Wash spinach, place it in a pot of boiling water from stem, then boil.
Cut spinach into 5cm length.
- Cut nori into quarter sizes.
- Slice green onion into thin koguchigiri (thin slice), soak in
water, then dry with cloth or paper towel.
How to make:
- Heat up soup stock, add soy sauce, sake, salt, pepper and sesame
- Boil water in a large pot, boil noodles.
- Set serving bowls warm, pour soup, put noodles.
- Add yakibuta, naruto, spinach, shinachiku and
nori on top.
- Shake pepper and garnish with green onion as desired.
This most common way to make Shoyu Ramen. To make it much easier
use ready made soup sock. If yakibuta is not available, make it as
- Set 600 grams of pork block tied with cotton string in tsukejiru
soup for a while. Tsukejiru (1 teaspoon grated ginger, 3 tablespoons
of each sugar, soy sauce and sake, a little pepper). Put oil in
a chinese frying pan, fry the block of meat until it browned, add rest
of tsukejiru in to pan and heat with low flame until it cooked well,
while pouring liquid over the block of meat. Oven can be used with tsukejiru
to make block of meat to shine.