Ingredients: (for 1 mold block)
4 eggs, 300ml ichiban-dashi, 1 1/2 teaspoons
mirin, 3/4 teaspoon each salt and light flavored soy sauce. kakejiru
(150ml ichiban-dashi, 1 2/3 tablespoons each
mirin and Light flavored soy sauce). Yuzu or kinome.
How to make:
- Beat eggs.
- Bring dashi to boil, add mirin, soy sauce and salt, cool
it down to 40c.
- Mix egg in it ,strain it through cloth.
- Prepare mold on water in pot, pour into mold.
- Remove foams on liquid egg, place in steamer.
- When cooked, cool and cut, then serve on dishes.
- Mix kakejiru ingriedents, cool it.
- Add kakejiru over egg, garnishing with yuzu.
Hint for steaming.
- Don't cover with lid completely, leave a slit to breathe.
- Start with strong flame for 1-2 minutes, reduce flame , simmer for
15 minutes. Check with finger tip if it is bouncy it is ready, or insert
tip of chopstick if clear liquid is in the hole the eggs are done.