Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
1 1/2 white scallions, 600 grams chicken meat with bones, 20 grams ginger,
some green herbs, 15 cups water, 1 cup rice (washed), 1 teaspoon salt.
How to make:
- Cut 1 scallion into thin strips like white hair.
- Heat meat with rest of scallion, ginger and water with strong flame.
- When it come to boil skim the scum, reduce heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Strain the soup, separate meat from soup.
- Remove bones from meat. Cut 120 grams of the meat.
- Put rice, 10 cups of strained soup and salt into heavy pot with lid.
Start heat with strong flame.
- When it comes to boil, open lid slightly so that soup doesn't over
flow. Reduce flame, simmer for 1 hour.
- When cooked, add sengiri cut chicken
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with scallion and herbs.
Add soy sauce or pepper to desire taste.