2 blocks momen tofu (cotton texture), 10cm square piece dashi
konbu, tsukejiru (soup): (3 tablespoons dashi, 4 tablespoons
soy sauce, 2 tablespoons mirin), seasoning (green onion, ginger,
katsuobushi), Ume sauce:(2 umeboshi, 2 tablespoons
sake, 2 tablespoons dashi), yuzu miso (30 grams awase
miso, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon mirin, 2 tablespoons
dashi, grated yuzu peel.
How to make:
- Cut 1 block of tofu into 5 to 8 pieces of yakko.
- Boil mixture for tsukejiru briefly.
- Cut geen onion into koguchigiri (sarashinegi), grate
- Spread konbu on the bottom of pot, place tofu pieces
on it, pour water gently into pot.
- Heat pot. When tofu becomes hot put on dish, garnish with seasoning
and pour tare or tsukejiru over.
- Remove salt from umeboshi by soaking in water. Mash it by pressing
through a strainer. Mix with dashi and sake, heat it in pot
while mixing well.
- Yuzu miso:
- Mix miso, sugar, mirin and dashi together, heat
it in pot while mixing well. Stop heating, add grated yuzu peel.
- Tofu is cut into yakko (3-4 cm dice size).
- Water should cover Tofu entirely, poured gently not to break tofu.
- Tofu should be cooked in cold water, not boil to much too. When
it starts floating remove with a net ladel.